API Error (Array to string conversion)


#1

Hi,

I keep getting this error when I try to click Update on the Schema tab. First I try to create a table. Then added the following columns:

created_by - user_id_on_create
last_updated_by - user_id_on_update
created_on - timestamp_on_create
last_updated_on - timestamp_on_update

At this point I am still able to Update the table. Next I added a column id as binary with length of 36. Then I set this as the primary key and delete the example column that was created by default. When I hit Update now I get the error API Error Array to string conversion.

Not sure what to do at this point. Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Allen


#2

Can you post the whole error?

Also, what type of sql database is this? What version of DreamFactory and what operating system/install type?


#3

That’s the only error message that comes up on the notification box on the upper left side of the page whenever I click Update.

Details of my DF below:

Admin Application Version: 2.0.1
DreamFactory Version: 2.0.1

Using MySQL 5.6 with Amazon RDS.

Although, just wanted to point out that other than this error, everything seems to be working okay.

Thanks,
Allen


#4

Here’s a screen shot for reference.


#5

You should update to 2.0.2

I attempted to recreate your schema and had no trouble with the binary field.


#6

Hi.

Can you provide steps on how to update to 2.0.2? I can’t see anywhere in the Admin UI where I can do this.

Thanks,
Allen


How to display all users in the Admin > Users tab?
#7

Sure.
Installation and Upgrade instructions are available on the wiki. http://wiki.dreamfactory.com/DreamFactory/Installation#Upgrade


#8

Upgrading to 2.0.2 fixed the issue.

UPDATE: Had encountered others issues upon doing this. Some of which are:

  1. Email service stopped working. Getting the error.

“message”: “Error processing password reset. Argument 1 passed to DreamFactory\Library\Utility\ArrayUtils::get() must be of the type array, null given, called in /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/df-core/src/Services/Email/BaseService.php on line 69 and defined”

  1. Role service access particularly the Component was set to blank.

Will try to re-install DF 2.0.2

UPDATE: Re-installing DF 2.0.2 fixed all issues.

Regards,
Allen