AWS DSP upgrade 1.7.6

After upgrading to 1.7.1, and running through the steps in Upgrading from 1.5.9 to 1.6.10 on AWS Bitnami, I’m getting this a Server 500 error when I try to load the launchpad page. The web browser gives me this:

<h1>PHP Error [8]</h1>
<p>Trying to get property of non-object</p>

and I get this stack trace in the log on the DSP:

[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.INFO: Building Swagger cache [] []
[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.NOTICE: Event system unavailable at this time. [] []
[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.INFO: Building Swagger cache [] []
[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.ERROR: CDbCommand::fetchAll() failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'bitnami_dreamfactory.df_sys_service_doc' doesn't exist. The SQL statement executed was: SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `df_sys_service_doc`. [] []
[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.ERROR: Trying to get property of non-object (/opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-yii/src/Behaviors/DataFormatBehavior.php:192)
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(7228): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Models\ServiceDoc->raiseEvent()
#1 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(7279): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Models\ServiceDoc->onBeforeFind()
#2 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(7468): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Models\ServiceDoc->beforeFind()
#3 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(7544): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Models\ServiceDoc->query()
#4 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/SwaggerManager.php(173): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Models\ServiceDoc->findAll()
#5 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/SwaggerManager.php(729): _buildSwagger()
#6 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/SwaggerManager.php(483): getEventMap()
#7 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/BasePlatformRestService.php(706): findEvent()
#8 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/BasePlatformRestService.php(326): DreamFactory\Platform\Resources\System\Config->_triggerActionEvent()
#9 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Resources/BasePlatformRestResource.php(123): DreamFactory\Platform\Resources\System\Config->_handleResource()
#10 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/SystemManager.php(978): DreamFactory\Platform\Resources\System\Config->processRequest()
#11 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Services/BasePlatformRestService.php(193): DreamFactory\Platform\Services\SystemManager->_handleResource()
#12 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/app/controllers/RestController.php(217): DreamFactory\Platform\Services\SystemManager->processRequest()
#13 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/app/controllers/RestController.php(125): RestController->_handleAction()
#14 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(3892): RestController->actionGet()
#15 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(3404): CInlineAction->runWithParams()
#16 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(6406): RestController->runAction()
#17 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(6415): CFilterChain->run()
#18 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(3782): CAccessControlFilter->filter()
#19 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(6448): RestController->filterAccessControl()
#20 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(6403): CInlineFilter->filter()
#21 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(3394): CFilterChain->run()
#22 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(3379): RestController->runActionWithFilters()
#23 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(1726): RestController->run()
#24 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(1646): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Components\PlatformWebApplication->runController()
#25 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/yii/framework/yiilite.php(1171): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Components\PlatformWebApplication->processRequest()
#26 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-yii/src/Utility/Pii.php(213): DreamFactory\Platform\Yii\Components\PlatformWebApplication->run()
#27 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/web/index.php(68): run()
REQUEST_URI=/rest/system/config?app_name=launchpad [] []

What can I do to fix this issue?

Hey, check out the link below and see if it helps with your upgrade issue.

https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dsp-core/wiki/Product-Upgrades

Please let me know.

Thanks,

• Mark

Nope, I’m still having the same problems. Does it have something to do with the fact that I’m missing the table df_sys_service_docs like this part of the error is saying:

[2014-08-13 07:24:48] app.ERROR: CDbCommand::fetchAll() failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'bitnami_dreamfactory.df_sys_service_doc' doesn't exist. The SQL statement executed was: SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `df_sys_service_doc`. [] []

Can I create that table manually in my database? If so, is there any way you could provide me with the schema and any rows that should be in the table by default?

Missing this table completely… give me a second to see what needs to be done here. In the meantime… please answer these couple of questions…

You’re running on AWS, correct? Which version are you upgrading from?

Were you ever prompted for a database upgrade (schema upgrade)?

Thanks,

• Mark

Of course, after giving you the link I assume you did this, but just to quickly double check…

Did you ever go to

“server_url”/web/logout

This should come back with a prompt on updating the DB.

Thanks,

• Mark

I am running on AWS, and I actually upgraded from 1.6.10 to 1.7.0 this morning, then you guys pushed 1.7.1 a few minutes after I did that, so I upgraded to that by manually going to the web/upgrade URL (since 1.7.0 wouldn’t load the launchpad either).

Oh! Well, no, I had never done the “server_url”/web/logout part. I had been following the steps here Upgrading from 1.5.9 to 1.6.10 on AWS Bitnami which never indicated to do that.

Okay, so for anyone else experiencing this issue, if you’re running on AWS, coming from at least 1.6.10, the steps that worked for me in the end were:

1.Go to the upgrade page either in your console or directly at [server_url]/web/upgrade
2.Go through these steps in an SSH session

cd /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs
sudo php /opt/bitnami/php/bin/composer.phar self-update
php /opt/bitnami/php/bin/composer.phar update
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart

3.Clear browser cache and reload DSP root (If you need to)
4.Your DSP probably isn’t working since you may need your DB schema upgraded, so navigate to [server_url]/web/logout which will prompt you to upgrade your DB schema.
5.You should now be able to load your DSP again and login. If you go to the Config tab, under System Info it should have the latest database and Dreamfactory version (For me at this time it was 1.7.0 and 1.7.1, respectively)

Hope this helps others in the future!

Great man! Glad that you’re up and running.

Thanks,

• Mark

Yeah, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Feel free to take that set of steps and post it somewhere more visible if you think it would help others.

Sure will. Thanks again, man!

• Mark