I would like to have one web address www.mygreatapp.com serve both DSP and my web app? Two reasons for this: 1) encapsulation of the functionality and 2) ability to share the SSL certificate.
I’m sure this is possible, but unsure of the changes are required to get me there and what might be the best shortest path. Or, if maybe I’ll be creating more problems than I’m solving. Here is what I think to be true:
- DSP by default is not configure for this because it uses index.php to drive all requests.
- DSP’s index.php can related files are expected to be in a specific hierarchy (references like /…/bootstrap/autoload.php’)
I would like to have 3 urls something like:
- www.mygreatapp.com → My web app
- www.mygreatapp.com/api → DSP api requests
- www.mygreatapp.com/dsp → DSP console
The DSP install (greatly simplified) has:
→ public (apache serves from here)
→ → css
→ → df-swagger-ui
→ → dreamfactory
My guess is that this could be done with some Apache config, but that may or may not cause problems in my hosted environment (Plesk). As I have written this, I’m increasing think this is just a bad idea. Please share your thoughts?
Of note, I have 2 use cases I looking to implement and neither have my web app calling the DSP:
- DSP used to enhance data for WebApp by an external ETL process.
- DSP used solely by mobile app, but would like to have simple web console to that data for maintenance and such. No public end users of the web app.