Cannot import demo apps, version 2.1.2-1


#1

I have a fresh installation of the version 2.1.2-1 on Windows. When I try to import demo application “Address Book for Angular 2” (as per instructions in the readme), nothing happens. The list of applications does not get any new app, but the error.log of the web server says:

[Fri Jun 10 12:01:39.661406 2016] [:error] [pid 9272:tid 1348] [client 127.0.0.1:26700] REST Exception #404 > Record not found, referer: …127.0.0.1/dreamfactory/dist/index.html
[Fri Jun 10 12:01:40.068632 2016] [:error] [pid 9272:tid 1364] [client 127.0.0.1:26698] REST Exception #501 > Database or driver does not support fetching all stored procedure names., referer: …127.0.0.1/dreamfactory/dist/index.html
[Fri Jun 10 12:01:40.069609 2016] [:error] [pid 9272:tid 1364] [client 127.0.0.1:26698] REST Exception #501 > Database or driver does not support fetching all stored function names., referer: …127.0.0.1/dreamfactory/dist/index.html

If it helps, it happens after data import, as the 4 ‘Local SQL Database’ tables get populated correctly, as it seems.

Note: Some time ago I did exactly the same with the previous version (2.1.0-4) and it worked fine, imported the app and the app worked okay.


#2

Can you try it on version 2.2.0 for Windows? The sample app works there for me.


#3

I tried with the new version, and it did not work. But since I am trying to eval DF for a smallish project, now I was a bit more determined to find out what was going on…

After 8 attempts to install v2.2.0-0 and import apps, with slightly different circumstances (different machines, browsers, Windows versions…), I found out what the issue was.

If you install to directory d:\Program Files\dreamfactory-2.2.0-0\ it will NOT work.
If you install to directory c:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.2.0-0\ (initially offered) it will work.
(There were no access restrictions to any directories, no firewalls, port conflicts, or other funny env circumstances, of course.)
The most sane idea is that the problem is presence of spaces in the root DF path.

So, I suggest:

  1. fix this, it must be a 30 seconds touch. But the second one is way more important:
  2. The error log said nothing about failure to import an app, so increase logging verbosity a lot, and I do not only refer to app import, but wherever needed. It will make possible more effective methods of identification of issues to be used, instead of banal and painstaking trial-and-error.

#4

@sdev thanks for the feedback. I’ll log an issue to get the spacing fixed.

You can actually increase log verbosity by changing the DF_LOG_LEVEL in your .env file (C:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.2.0-0\apps\dreamfactory\htdocs.env)

Then you need to clear the config cache:
cd C:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.2.0-0\apps\dreamfactory\htdocs
..\..\..\php\php.exe artisan config:clear

Then restart the Bitnami stack.