Change default MySQL port from 3306 to

hi,

I had just installed MariaDB 10.x on a Server that was running a test version of DF 2.x. Now I have a conflict cos MariaDB uses port 3306 and so does DF (MySQL). My DF is from a Bitnami installer. How do I change the DF MySQL System database to a different port? Say 3308 or 3310.

Thanks,
M.M

How do I get Bitnami Dreamfactory to prompt for MySQL or MariaDB port during fresh set up? I had earlier installed Bitnami DF on a Centos Machine and removed it. But now when I try to install Bitnami DF 2.2 it no longer prompts for the DB port. How do I clear this settings so that I get prompted for which port is to be used my MySQL/MariaDB? Thanks

Hey @m_menon,

There’s a configuration button on the servers tab.

This is where you can manage and edit configuration.

It also looks like Bitnami has scripted all those changes, so if you do this manually you would have to change your configs. The .env file tells DreamFactory how to connect to the system database. If you change the database server to be listening on a different port, then DreamFactory won’t be able to connect, so you would also have the change the .env file in your local file manager.

So all you need to do is click “Restart All” and Bitnami will do it for you.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

hi Alex,

It’s a Bitnami DF 2.2 installer for Linux.

Thanks,
M.M

All the Bitnami installers are supposed to work the same.

Let me know if the above worked for you.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

There’s a Servers tab? It’s a Linux installer (.run) file and I believe the changes can only be made in the config file?

I can reinstall the Bitnami DF again but it won’t prompt me for the MySQL or MariaDB port anymore. The first time it did. I wanted to know how to clear the cache (it’s saving this information on the first install and subsequently never asks for this - even if you completely uninstall and try to install it again)

Thanks,
M.M

Yes, there is. Can you confirm that you tried the steps highlighted above? Perhaps you can send a screen shot of what you are seeing?

You can clear the cache under our Config Tab.

Also, check out this post, If you want to change from one system database to another after you’ve already run setup/installation (some also highlight below).

Run these commands:

$ php artisan config:clear
$ php artisan cache:clear
$ php artisan dreamfactory:setup
//Answer the on screen prompts

To my knowledge the uninstaller doesn’t leave anything behind, but if you install another instance on the same machine, you may need to do things like clear the browser cache. Because your browser will keep trying to use an old session cookie.

Let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

hi Alex,

What I mean is - when I installed it on Linux (Centos 7), it doesn’t prompt me for the port number to be used for MySQL or MariaDB. It prompted me the the first time. When I uninstall DF and install it again, it doesn’t ask me for the MySQL / MariaDB port. It just uses the default 3306 and I have other database using 3306.

Thanks,
M.M

Btw I haven’t got to the stage where I can use the browser. I SSH into my Linux VM and tried to install the latest DF 2.2 Bitnami Installer.

Thanks,
M.M

That’s expected behavior. It only prompts you if the default port is already in use. You can use the process I showed you to change it after install if desired.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen