Change entry point 'api/v2'

Hi all

is there a way to change entry point ‘api/v2’ with another one?

For example I’d like to change from:
http:/example.com/api/v2/

to:
http:/example.com/myapi/v1/

is this easy to do?

Thank you,
Valentino

Hi @vlauciani,

If you take a look in your .env file you are able to customize the url. https://cl.ly/ce7b250205ec

Best,
Kevin McGahey

Hi @Kevin_Mcgahey

I tried to change DF_API_ROUTE_PREFIX=myapi variable but dreamfactory doesn’t work any more; looking the log, it try always to find route like ‘/api/v2/system/environment’ and not ‘/myapi/v2/system/environment’.

Any idea?

Thank you,
@vlauciani

Did you clear the DF cache after changing the .env file?

cd into the dreamfactory root directory and enter: php artisan cache:clear into the command line.

Regards
Thomas

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Mcgahey

It doesn’t work.

My new entry point is:

# grep "DF_API_ROUTE_PREFIX" .env
DF_API_ROUTE_PREFIX=myapi
#

I run:

# php artisan cache:clear 
# php artisan config:clear 
# php artisan df:clear-file-cache 
# php artisan route:clear

but in the Login page, when I insert email and password, the log reports:

dreamfactory_1  | 10.0.4.75 - - [30/Nov/2018:08:51:37 +0000] "POST /api/v2/user/session HTTP/1.1" 405 21

the route contains api instead of myapi; why?

Thank you

It works for me. Did you remove the hash “#” before “DF_API_ROUTE_PREFIX”?

1 Like

yes :wink:

I think that the problem is the Login page; entering into the container and running the route:list:

root@cc54f011d15a:/opt/bitnami/dreamfactory# php artisan route:list
+--------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| Domain | Method                         | URI                                   | Name               | Action                                                                   | Middleware                    |
+--------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|        | GET|HEAD                       | /                                     |                    | DreamFactory\Http\Controllers\SplashController@index                     | web                           |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | graphql                               | graphql.query      | DreamFactory\Core\GraphQL\Http\Controllers\GraphQLController@query       | df.auth_check,df.access_check |
|        | POST                           | graphql                               | graphql.query.post | DreamFactory\Core\GraphQL\Http\Controllers\GraphQLController@query       | df.auth_check,df.access_check |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | myapi                                 |                    | DreamFactory\Core\Http\Controllers\RestController@index                  | df.api                        |
|        | GET|HEAD|POST|PUT|PATCH|DELETE | myapi/{service}/{resource?}           |                    | DreamFactory\Core\Http\Controllers\RestController@handleService          | df.api                        |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | myapi/{version}                       |                    | DreamFactory\Core\Http\Controllers\RestController@index                  | df.api                        |
|        | GET|HEAD|POST|PUT|PATCH|DELETE | myapi/{version}/{service}/{resource?} |                    | DreamFactory\Core\Http\Controllers\RestController@handleVersionedService | df.api                        |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | setup                                 |                    | DreamFactory\Http\Controllers\SplashController@createFirstUser           | web                           |
|        | POST                           | setup                                 |                    | DreamFactory\Http\Controllers\SplashController@createFirstUser           | web                           |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | setup_db                              |                    | DreamFactory\Http\Controllers\SplashController@setupDb                   | web                           |
|        | POST                           | setup_db                              |                    | DreamFactory\Http\Controllers\SplashController@setupDb                   | web                           |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | status                                |                    | DreamFactory\Core\Http\Controllers\StatusController@index                | df.cors                       |
|        | GET|HEAD                       | {storage}/{path}                      |                    | DreamFactory\Core\File\Http\Controllers\StorageController@streamFile     | df.cors                       |
root@cc54f011d15a:/opt/bitnami/dreamfactory#

the new routes are ok and, for example, requesting the url http://myhost/myapi the result is a correct JSON.

The Login page, with the URL http://myhost/dreamfactory/dist/index.html#/login
calls:

dreamfactory_1  | 10.0.4.75 - - [30/Nov/2018:10:59:55 +0000] "POST /api/v2/user/session HTTP/1.1" 405 21

instead of:

"POST /myapi/v2/user/session HTTP/1.1"

You are right. I think this path is hardcoded. Have a look at ./apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/public/dreamfactory/app/scripts/app.js at line 124:

// Make prefix configurable
.constant(‘INSTANCE_API_PREFIX’, ‘/api/v2’)

2 Likes