Custom Script calling get:system/user api crashes swagger & fails

Hi,

I have a server side script that simply tries to get the ID of a user by querying their email address against the system/user api.

the code simply does this:

var filterdata = {filter:“email=‘emailaddress@domain.com’”};
var _result = platform.api.get(“system/user”,filterdata);

This causes Swagger to delay for a few seconds then redraw its screen corrupted.

I’ve even tried removing the query to see if that helps, it doesn’t.

In fact, any call to a “system” api gives this effect, despite them working as api calls in swagger…

I can also call system api calls remotely as well, so theres no problem with the system api calls themselves.
It just seems to be when calling them from a server-side script…

can some give me a pointer here please?

We’re looking into this. Sorry for the delay, we’re way behind and pushing a new release out early Jan. I’ll post here once we know more.

Thanks Ben,

I’ll keep a watch for the new release and hold off with the server-side scripts for now.

Great product by the way.

I’ve already demo’d an app using this for our business and it looks promising.

I need to find out what your support costs will be to present this to senior leadership.

regards

Andy.

Support plans are at https://www.dreamfactory.com/pricing/support

You can just sign up directly from the website, but email bryanstewart@dreamfactory.com if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ben

Same here.
Any text in Server-Side script, even just a comment, crashes my dsp the same as you described.
Looking forward to the new release, if it fixes the issue :smile:

This issue was confirmed by @rbleeker to be due to V8js missing or improperly installed. See his thread here:

@cardblower if you did not already see that and fix your issue, please post the error(s) from your DSP log files so we can take a closer look.

Sorry this took a little while to reply, been very busy since the Christmas break.
Are the logs you are asking for in the apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/logs folder?

Assuming that’s a Bitnami install from the path you gave, yes that is where the logs should be. web.*.log