Github Install 1.9.x db_max_records_returned issue


#1

Hi All

I have a Bitnami installed version as well as Github installed version on Windows. I have increased value in common.config.php for 'dsp.db_max_records_returned' => 1000,. The bitnami version reflected the change right away; however the github installed version is not doing anything. I have flushed the cache many times as well restarted the server. These are the instructions I followed https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dsp-core/wiki/Install-Microsoft-Windows

Do I have to execute the command again? Does this reset my application or not?

C:\dsp\>C:\php54\php.exe C:\php54\composer.phar update --no-dev


#2

This does not reset your application. It updates the code to the latest on github.
Did you restart your web server service (apache, nginx, etc?)


#3

Thanks @drewpearce for the reply. Yes I restarted my server several times. Should I update the code? will that do it or override my edits?


#4

Are you on 1.9.4? If so there’s nothing to update. That was the last update to the 1.9 architecture.

Moving to 2.0 requires a new instance and migrating your data and apps.


#5

yes I am on 1.9.4-patch1. So do you mean I should migrate to 2.0?


#6

Everyone should move to 2.0! :grin:

But there are a lot of changes and it’s not an in place upgrade, so be aware.
As far as the issue you’re experiencing, do a GET on system/config and see what is being returned as the the max records. Perhaps we can nail down where the breakdown in communication is.


#7

Thanks @drewpearce here is my result

{ "allow_admin_remote_logins": false, "allow_guest_user": true, "allow_open_registration": true, "allow_remote_logins": false, "allowed_hosts": [ { "host": "*", "is_enabled": true, "verbs": [ "GET", "POST", "PUT", "PATCH", "MERGE", "DELETE" ] } ], "chat": { "launchpad": false, "admin": true }, "created_by_id": null, "created_date": "0000-00-00 00:00:00", "custom_settings": [], "db": { "date_format": null, "time_format": null, "datetime_format": null, "timestamp_format": null, "max_records_returned": 1000 }, "db_version": "1.9.0", "dsp_version": "1.9.4-patch1", "editable_profile_fields": "email,display_name,first_name,last_name,phone,default_app_id,security_question,security_answer", "guest_role_id": 1, "id": 1, "install_name": "Standalone Package", "install_type": 1, "invite_email_service_id": null, "invite_email_template_id": null, "is_guest": false, "is_hosted": false, "is_private": false, "last_modified_by_id": 1, "last_modified_date": "2016-01-20 20:43:08", "latest_version": "1.9.4", "lookup_keys": [], "open_reg_email_service_id": null, "open_reg_email_template_id": null, "open_reg_role_id": null, "password_email_service_id": null, "password_email_template_id": null, "paths": { "applications": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp/storage/applications", "base": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp", "plugins": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dspC:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp/storage/plugins", "private": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dspC:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp/storage/.private", "storage": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp/storage", "swagger": "C:\Users\name\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\dsp/storage/swagger" }, "remote_login_providers": [], "restricted_verbs": [], "server_os": "windows nt", "states": { "provision_state": 0, "operation_state": -1, "ready_state": 0 }, "timestamp_format": "Y-m-d H:i:s", "upgrade_available": false }


#8

Thanks @drewpearce it has started working. I think when I restarted the whole system properly it started working. Thanks once again.