How to use DreamFactory API service with Laravel Eloquent?

Hello everyone,
I’m new to Larave and DreamFactory and I’ve been learning them for a while and I’m very impressed by this amazing product which is built upon laravel. I want to build an online store with 3 client interfaces for Android, iOS and a website. I found out I can use DreamFactory so that I won’t have to repeat myself and I can simplify the process of dealing with the database and other web services.
I want to start building an admin portal for the online store and I have chosen to build it with laravel. I understand how powerful and simple Eloquent is but it works directly with a database.
My question is how can I use laravel Eloquent and Models with an API back-end instead of a database?
Do I still need to use Eloquent and Model in this case?
Thanks in advance

Hello @mohammad - thanks for your kind words!

I’d love to learn more about your project, but I also wanted to ask – has this been resolved for you?

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

I also wanted to mention, @mohammad, that you can certainly use Laravels Eloquent. I’m no Laravel expert, but I believe Eloquent is meant for exactly that, working with databases.

I think the models you are referring is the M in MVC framework that Laravel follows?

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

Hello Alex, Thanks for replying. I haven’t gotten to that point yet. I’m still working on the authentication and authorization part of my admin portal with DreamFactory backend API.

1 Like

Hey @mohammad that’s great! Keep us updated on your project - we’d love to see it. :slight_smile: