Install on IIS blocked on MongoDB PHP driver not installed

Hi. I am trying to install Dream Factory on Windows Server 2008 with IIS. I want to connect to a postgreSQL db and so I have no interest in MongoDB at the moment. Following the instructions (https://wiki.dreamfactory.com/DreamFactory/Installation#Installing_Dreamfactory_on_Windows_Server_2008_with_IIS7), I installed PHP 7.0, GIT, and Composer. I am now trying to run the composer command “composer update —ignore-platform-reqs —no-dev”. It gives me the following problems:

Problem 1
- Installation request for mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 -> satisfiable by mongodb/mongodb[1.0.2].
- mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 requires ext-mongodb ^1.1.0 -> the requested PHP extension mongodb is missing from your system.
Problem 2
- mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 requires ext-mongodb ^1.1.0 -> the requested PHP extension mongodb is missing from your system.
- jenssegers/mongodb v3.0.2 requires mongodb/mongodb ^1.0.0 -> satisfiable by mongodb/mongodb[1.0.2].
- Installation request for jenssegers/mongodb v3.0.2 -> satisfiable by jenssegers/mongodb[v3.0.2].

I removed the mongodb entry in my composer.json, and I have no interest in mongodb at all at the moment. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

You can close this one. Matt Schaer helped me find a solution. Looks like I had 2 problems.

1. I needed to use “composer install --ignore-platform-reqs --no-dev”

2. Also, cutting and pasting from the installation wiki to the console did not work. I had to retype everything myself.

Thanks to Matt for the great detective work!

2 Likes