MySQL Connection Issue Remote DB

Okay - I’m not sure WHAT I’m doing wrong here. Really would appreciate some help! I have looked everywhere in forums and via searching online for some help, but am getting nowhere. Apparently I can’t upload photos or share links to photos so this is a little hard to describe.

My setup is like this:
Service type: Remote SQL DB
API name: sql
Name: SQL
Active: True
Username: myusername
password: mypassword
Connection String: mysql:xxx.xx.xx.xxx;port=3306;database=database_name;

The error I am getting is error 500 - cDB Connection failed: failed to open the connection.

I so appreciate your help.

Your DSP might be missing a driver. How did you install DreamFactory? GitHub, Bitnami, etc. And what OS?

What is logged in your DSP’s logs when this error is thrown?

Hello Todd,

I am getting the cDB Connection and my DF was installed using bitnami v1.9.0 running on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 server. Which DF install sources are missing a driver and what driver is this that’s missing?

Hi @tborja, what is logged in your DSP’s logs when the MySQL connection attempt fails?

I installed Bitnami in windows 7 but not able to connect to MySql.

I am getting the error The error I am getting is error 500 - cDB Connection failed: failed to open the connection.

As you mentioned in the previous reply, which driver need to install and how to install for MySQL.

Please let me know.

Hi @pshapur123, the Bitnami package in Windows comes ready to connect to MySQL without additional driver installation. Please let me know what is logged in your DSP’s logs when the MySQL connection attempt fails, and we can go from there.