Oracle connection failure

Hi,

I am using the Bitnami installer for dreamfactory-2.1.1-2 for redhat linux.

I have enabled oci8.iso in php.ini

; Local Variables:
; tab-width: 4
; End:
extension=oci8.so
;extension=pdo_ibm.so
;extension=imagick.so
;extension=oauth.so
;extension=solr.so
;extension=lzf.so
;extension=memcache.so
;extension=uploadprogress.so
;extension=apcu.so

I have updated my setenv.sh file to have this at the end.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/MYNAME/binaries/instantclient_11_2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

And I have downloaded the 64 bit 11_2 instant client from Oracle.

I can create the service, with this connection string, which I know is correct.

oci:dbname=(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = se.emea.mycompany.net)(PORT = 1524))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DARIEL)))

But when I try and access any of the APIs through the service I get this in the logs.

[2016-04-05 18:12:38] local.ERROR: * System error building event map for service ‘ariel_db’.
Failed to connect to database.

my php -m check returns oci8 OK.

[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
imap
intl
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mongo
mssql
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
oci8
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_dblib
pdo_mysql
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tidy
tokenizer
v8js
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

I tried to increase logging but it wont change for me, I set it ot DEBUG but the config panel always says WARNING.

What is going wrong?!

Password is correct, I am in and out of this database 50 times a day.

I can ping the server and telnet into the port 1524 from the dreamfactory instance.

Regards

Stephen

Can anyone advise? A rest service which cant connect to Oracle isnt much use to me :wink:

oh well, I can’t use dreamfactory it seems. Shame, seemed promising on the face of it. I work for a very large corporate who are using Cisco Composite at the moment, and was hoping to evaluate this as an alternative.

I’m not certain what’s going on, but you can enable verbose logging by setting the DF_LOG_LEVEL to to DEBUG and then clearing the config cace:
php artisan config:clear (from the htdocs folder) and restarting the instance

Before you clear the config cache you should check and make sure your cached app key matches the app key that’s in your .env file. If not, update the .env file to match. We had an issue with some of the Bitnami packages recently where the system was being set up and caching and different app key than what’s in the env. So if you clear the config cache and the env file has a different key, your system will get locked up.

Hi, I am brand new to dreamfactory - I don’t know how to do any of these things, apart from possibly run the php command.