Refreshing remote DB schema

I’m stubbing out an application with a MSSQL backend and the schema is constantly changing as I implement more features and it’s hard to get the schema to update on-demand. There is an [issue] (https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dsp-core/issues/11) on the dsp-core project on GitHub for this that hasn’t seen an update since March 15. Is the solution on that issue still a viable method or is there a better way now?

Hey - a similar issue popped up in the past when a user was using two mySQL db’s. One of the db’s was set to refresh first while the other’s refresh rate was much slower.

Have you tried to do the “rebuild swagger cache” when you want the db schema to be updated?

Give that a try - thanks,

Mark

Hey - a similar issue popped up in the past when a user was using two mySQL db’s. One of the db’s was set to refresh first while the other’s refresh rate was much slower.

Have you tried to do the “rebuild swagger cache” when you want the db schema to be updated?

Give that a try - thanks,

Mark

@Mark I have tried that and it did not work. Turns out there is a bug with the Refresh flag that causes it to not refresh all the time. @leehicks and @Jason are aware of it and were working on a fix as of 8/25. The schema cache looks like it has a timeout of about an hour so I was able to get my issue resolved by finalizing my schema then refreshing the schema after the timeout period.

Any updates on this one?
Has this issue been resolved?

This has been resolved for me since 1.7.8 I believe. Currently on 1.8.0 and it’s working for me.

Strangely, I am facing the issue of my Remote DB’s views don’t reflect immediately.
It does reflect after a random period of time, which I am not aware of. May be 30-40 mins.

How do you reflect the changes immediately.
Were you facing issues with schema, table or views?

I am on 1.8.0