SQL Server - PHP Unable to Load

I’m unable to configure the SQL server service. I’ve add the extension to the php.ini and php tries to load, however I receive the following errors.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘C:/Bitnami/dreamfactory-2.0.beta-3/php/ext\php_sqlsrv_55_nts.dll’ - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘C:/Bitnami/dreamfactory-2.0.beta-3/php/ext\php_pdo_sqlsrv_55_nts.dll’ - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I’m running windows 10 and 64 bit. I’ve found the php 64 drivers, however still no success. Has anyone had similar issues, and/or resolved

Bob

Sorry, also running Dreamfactory 2.0 Beta 3.

Bob

Bob, you should be using the thread safe dlls
php_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll
php_pdo_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll
The non thread safe are typically only used with IIS

Also, make sure you don’t have any transcription errors in the php.ini file. I’ve found it to be very easy to mistype these file names.

Also, if you are referencing the 64 bit drivers from here: http://robsphp.blogspot.com/2012/06/unofficial-microsoft-sql-server-driver.html
Please know there are some questions about their compatibility with newer versions of SQL Server. Still trying to get a handle on what is and is not supported by these drivers.

Thanks all working.

1. Changed to php_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll & php_pdo_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll
  2. I was using robs 64 bit versions, however not the TS.

Bob

1 Like

While this post is a little outdated I think it is best to add an update to this. In earlier versions of the software when packaged by Bitnami they did not have the SQL Server dependencies installed. Fast forward and we now have these dependencies configured in all Bitnami instances of DreamFactory. We highly encourage everyone to try out the latest version of the software as we have updated the UI and made various updates to the platform!

Bitnami Install
Manual Install
Docker Install