System/package returns 500 error

Hi,

When using the Bitnamis Linux VM I can’t access the system/package endpoint which gives me a 500 error from the server. In the API docs it works if I set system only to true. But in the package section it only says “Loading” in the drop down menu. When I use the Bitnami installer for Windows this works. I have checked both the storage folder and bootstrap folder that they have read/write access. I have turned on logging and are getting this error:

[2016-08-26 09:34:50] local.ERROR: exception ‘Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException’ with message ‘Call to a member function getGroup() on null’ in /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/dreamfactory/df-core/src/Components/Package/Exporter.php:268
Stack trace:
0 {main}

This is easy to replicate. Just create a new virtual machine in Azure with the latest Dreamfactory image from their store. And package export won’t work.

1 Like

If anybody comes looking for this after the fact I answered it on the Bitnami forums here: https://community.bitnami.com/t/system-package-returns-500-error/43999

1 Like