The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared

I have been observing the below message in Firefox console for a while now. I have a Bitnami 2.1 Dreamfactory install. I have tried adding utf-8 charset in ever possible place I could think and find but it simply doesn’t set the charset to UTF-8. Any more places I should be looking at? Thanks

The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the file needs to be declared in the transfer protocol or file needs to use a byte order mark as an encoding signature.

Every API call that I make I also make sure to specify the content type and charset. I tried setting it in htaccess, php.ini, vhost configuration etc :disappointed:

This issue seemed to have been isolated to Firefox browsers and not passing the utf-8 header properly. We have not had any similar reports of this issue on more recent versions of Firefox and DreamFactory.