Trying to install piwik on my DF Bitnami image- missing the login page

Hi guys,
I’ve been running a cloud Image for DreamFactory built by Bitnami (AWS-ec2) for some time now, all great (BTW - love DreamFactory). Last night, I tried to get smart and went to install Piwik on the same server following these steps:

Of course, something went bad and now, when I try to access the - http://(my_IP)/dreamfactory/dist/index.html, I get a white screen (with the Bitnami logo on the bottom right corner) and no DF login screen. API is returning the following error:

error": {
“context”: null,
“message”: “SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory”,
“code”: 2002,
“trace”: [
“0 /opt/bitnami/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(55): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘bn_dreamfactory’, ‘972daded4f’, Array)”,

Any chance I can get back what I had?
MAny Thanks,
Adrian

It could be a reference to a non-existing directory that is causing the DF login page to snap. You may want to either revert back, or try a reinstall of Piwik. If it’s using a db, was the db created successfully? And also perhaps you can try to remove / disable the tracking code inserted by Piwik

Also have look at the config file and see if you could comment out the lines used by Piwik and also do the same at other places/pages if any. I have no experience with Piwik but understanding that it is used for analytics, I am sure it would’ve smeared your pages with some lines of analytics code. Comment those out and you should be good to go

Cheers
M&M

Hi m_menon,
Thank you very much for reply. I ended up creating a new AWS DF image and setup the hole API again :frowning:
I will try your suggestions and revert back asap.
Kind regards
Adrian