Update existing DreamFactory 1.9.4 to 2.0?



I currently have DreamFactory 1.9.4 running in Openshift. I found out that DreamFactory 2.0 is available in here. How do I upgrade to this version?



There won’t be any upgrade path from 1.x to 2.0. v2.0 is a ground-up rewrite on a different platform, so there’s no such thing as running a Composer update to get from 1.x to the new 2.0 beta.

There will however be functionality for exporting and importing apps and service configurations from 1.9.x to 2.0. This won’t be in the public beta of v2.0, but it will be an eventual feature of the new version.

How to make complex SQL queries in DreamFactory

Is the code referenced in the question the same set that will be released today?


Thanks for the response.

Just a follow up question. Do you have a cartridge for version 2.0 in openshift?

Best regards,


not yet. we’ll have a docker package first.


Hi Benbusse,

our company are preparing a whole new products now, can you give some advice which version should we selected, the 1.0 or 2.0 ?



We have signed up for DSP v2.0 but no communication received yet. Can you pls let us know the tentative schedule for beta and stable release. Also should this public beta be used in production environment?


I’m not aware of a release planned for 10 Aug 2015. The public repository for DreamFactory 2.0 is the one that OP linked to. When the public beta is released, it will be at that repository and those who have signed up will be notified. Right now what’s there is more like an alpha release, which of course you are more than welcome to start playing with.

Like @benbusse said, not yet. But OpenShift integration will be evaluated once we’re out of beta.

Since v2.0 is in early alpha right now, and a public beta isn’t even released yet, I can’t see it being a good idea to attempt to go to production on 2.0 at this time. I recommend 1.9.x, which is production-ready, unless you can wait for the alpha, beta, and production release of 2.0 to pass before going live with your app.

As long as you have signed up for the beta here, you will be notified as soon as there is an update. The tentative schedule, as before, is for the beta release to hit this month (August 2015). I don’t know of any beta software that is recommended for production. Beta testing is intended for just that: testing. We don’t plan to release DreamFactory in the “perpetual beta” style.


Hey all, some additional info on timing:

Bitnami packages of 2.0 beta will be released by the end of August. In the meantime, you can get the latest 2.0 code from GitHub here https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dreamfactory. If you have installation issues / questions, post on this thread.

We anticipate 2.0 to be in beta for a fairly short period. We’ll likely do one or two small point releases after the initial Bitnami packages are completed, so it should be production ready in September.


Cool. Thanks for the info.

Will the docker version will come with the Bitnami one at the end of this month?

btw, how about the performance improve between 2.0 and 1.9?

thanks so much!



Will the docker version will come with the Bitnami one at the end of this month?


btw, how about the performance improve between 2.0 and 1.9?

Performance improvements were a big focus for 2.0, so much better!


Hi Benbusse,

Can we get it on time?



2.0 is on Github here https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dreamfactory

2.0 Bitnami packages have been delayed, but will be live on Bitnami this week.


Hi Ben,

Do you have a target date for the Openshift cartridge?



I don’t have a date yet. We haven’t assigned Openshift to an engineer yet.

Would a Docker package work for you? Docker is underway.

2.0 & OpenShift

Unfortunately I can’t use Docker in Openshift as far as I’m aware.

I will wait for the Openshift cartridge.

In the meantime, I’ll try to see if I can find a way to install v2.0 in Openshift either manually or by cloning the current 1.9 cartridge and make some modifications there.



Hi Ben
Week is over - but we can’t find beta on bitnami.
I’m sure there more people looking for it so can you tell us if there’s another delay?



Bitnami is working on packaging 2.0 but they’ve been delayed due to an issue with the V8 JS Engine for Windows. I don’t have a firm date from Bitnami but they’re working hard on it. Sorry about the delay.


Hi Ben,

Any news/updates on version 2.0? Is it still in beta?


Bitnami is wrapping up the 2.0 beta package. We apologize for the delay. Basically, there were some issues with the V8 JS Engine on Windows.

In the meantime, the Docker package for 2.0 is here https://hub.docker.com/r/dreamfactorysoftware/df-docker/.

I’ll let everyone know when the Bitnami packages for 2.0 are live on Bitnami.