Upgrade 2.1.1 to 2.3 ERROR the requested PHP extension mongodb is missing from you r system

Hi there,

I try to upgrade my local Bitname Installed dreamfactory API but runnin into the following error when I run

~/dreamfactory/php/bin/php composer.phar install --no-dev

Error:
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies from lock file
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - Installation request for mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 -> satisfiable by mongodb/mongodb[1.0.2].
    - mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 requires ext-mongodb ^1.1.0 -> the requested PHP extension mongodb is missing from your system.
  Problem 2
    - mongodb/mongodb 1.0.2 requires ext-mongodb ^1.1.0 -> the requested PHP extension mongodb is missing from your system.
    - jenssegers/mongodb v3.0.2 requires mongodb/mongodb ^1.0.0 -> satisfiable by mongodb/mongodb[1.0.2].
    - Installation request for jenssegers/mongodb v3.0.2 -> satisfiable by jenssegers/mongodb[v3.0.2].

The only extension I find in the .ini with mono is -> extension=mongo.so

What do I need to do now?

Thanks for your patience @Julian_Kallidat. This process is slightly complicated because Bitnami doesn’t intend for their packages to be upgradable, but we’ve worked around that. :slight_smile:

If you’re not using mongodb, you can just add: —ignore-platform-reqs to the end of the composer install step.

Example: hp composer.phar install --no-dev --ignore-platform-reqs

If you’re using mongodb then you have to install the mongodb driver.

This covers these Bitnami scenarios:

• Bitnami for Windows, Bitnami VM or Cloud Image
  • Does not cover Bitnami packaged installers for Linux or Mac

If you need the driver for that, I’d say download the the 2.2.1 Bitnami installer for your particular env and get the driver file out of it. Or, you can just use packager to export your instance and import it into a new install.

Let me know if this makes sense, and works for you.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

1 Like

Thank you Alex,

since I am not using MongoDB I proceeded as suggested. Everything went well till this Error:

- Installing predis/predis (v1.1.1)
    Downloading: 100%

Generating autoload files
> php artisan clear-compiled
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DreamFactory\Core\Providers\DfCorsServiceProvider' not                                                                                                     found in /home/julian/dreamfactory/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/bootstrap/cache/comp                                                                                                    iled.php on line 7241

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException]
  Class 'DreamFactory\Core\Providers\DfCorsServiceProvider' not found

Script php artisan clear-compiled handling the post-install-cmd event returned w                                                                                                    ith error code 255
julian@webapp:~/dreamfactory/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs$ rm -rf bootstrap/cache/compiled.php storage/framework/cache/*
julian@webapp:~/dreamfactory/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs$ ~/dreamfactory/php/bin/php composer.phar install --no-dev --ignore-platform-reqs
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies from lock file
Nothing to install or update
Generating autoload files
> php artisan clear-compiled
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'DreamFactory\Core\Providers\DfCorsServiceProvider' not found in /home/julian/dreamfactory/apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/ProviderRepository.php on line 146

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException]
  Class 'DreamFactory\Core\Providers\DfCorsServiceProvider' not found

Script php artisan clear-compiled handling the post-install-cmd event returned with error code 255

As you can see I applied the Troubleshooting step from the wiki:
https://wiki.dreamfactory.com/DreamFactory/Upgrades#Upgrades

Soooo you guys, I had ah view hours time this weekend, I installed an up-to-date Version manually and moved the app.
It was way easier than updating, since I just run one app still in alpha with no other user than my test-users.

So for me this topic is obsolete.

Thanks anyway :wink:

Regards Julian

1 Like

Glad to hear you worked on it and figured it out!

Thanks for updating the thread @Julian_Kallidat.

@AlexBowen I have the same issue and am not using mongodb; I have done as suggested and it has the same results that the original poster reported

@DFCommunityManager Honestly using Bitnami stack is turning out to be very frustrating. At first it is pretty convenient to have everyting perfectly setup after some clicks, but when we need to upgrade DreamFactory… boom! Hours -or even days, maybe- spent trying to fix dependency issues just because Bitnami don’t want their packages to be upgradable.

I’m almost stoping using Bitnami stack. This makes no sense for me. What would be simply fixed with an apt-get upgrade they turn into a nightmare.

Sorry for pouring this out in this old topic. I’m mad with Bitnami, but I still love DreamFactory :heart_eyes:.

Wouldn’t be good to warn this to DreamFactory community?

1 Like