User registration and email confirmation

I have moved the above post from Custom scripts directory because it was off-topic.

Full HTML formatting is supported in email templates. It’s a simple matter to edit the User Invite template body to include, say,

<a href="{dsp.confirm_invite_url}">Click here to complete your registration.</a>

Which looks like this when I receive the invitation email:

Clicking the link takes you to {DreamFactoryURL}/dreamfactory/dist/#/user-invite

Now you can’t click the link in the same browser where you already have an active session in your DreamFactory instance. It’s smart enough to know that you already have a valid session so you can’t be required to confirm your registration. Of course a newly invited user won’t already have a session like you do, so they’ll see the user-invite page (for the screenshot below, I opened the link in Firefox since I had an active DreamFactory session in Chrome):

Some of this is also covered in these forum topics:

{dsp.confirm_register_url} is a system variable that is pre-defined based on where and how you host your instance. You can define your own lookup variables and use those in the email templates, if you prefer. Here’s the relevant page from our docs.

Note all of the above examples are for User Invite and not User Registration. The same principles apply for your situation.

2 Likes