Whoops, looks like something went wrong

Hello,

I have installed Dream-factory locally on windows 7 ,but it goes wrong i don’t know why ???

and this is from error/log:::confounded:

[Sat Nov 21 20:00:43.710475 2015] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3292:tid 336] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 4288
[Sat Nov 21 20:00:44.485519 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 4288:tid 236] AH01909: localhost:444:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Sat Nov 21 20:00:44.795537 2015] [ssl:warn] [pid 4288:tid 236] AH01909: localhost:444:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

#Bitnami stack installation on Windows 7 Unsuccessful
I experienced a similar result just now installing the Bitnami stack of DreamFactory Stack. Because I had a previous installation of MySql running on the default port, 3306 the installer complained it couldn’t connect to that port but had an input to enter an alternative port. I put in 3307 and the installation completed. The Bitnami manager showed three servers running, Apache, PHP, ??. (don’t remember and in middle of uninstall) but when it opened the web UI at http://localhost it gave the helpful "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."
I’m going to set this aside a few days as I don’t have time to do an installation from the GitHub repo, but will wait to see if Bitnami updates the package or dreamfactory comes up with alternative installation directions for my configuration.

Forgot to say that it was a Bitnami local installation as opposed to Bitnami cloud install…
##More Specific Details
"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.
Error Running C:/Bitnami/dreamfactory-2.0.1-1/php/php.exe -q “C:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.1-1\apps\dreamfactory\htdocs\artisan” migrate: Program ended with an error code"
Then the “Whoopsie” message.
I went to command line and executed command as:
c:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.1-1\php>php -q “C:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.1-1\apps
\dreamfactory\htdocs\artisan” migrate
and see:
[PDOException]
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘bn_dreamfactory’@‘localhost’
(using password: YES)
##So Then…
I tried going to the command line and executing just artisan and I can get help, see the commands, get help, but I don’t know the exact sequence the installation script is trying to execute

Looks like there’s a problem with the windows installer. We had an issue in one of the beta builds where even though you told it to use a different mysql port, it would still try to connect using the default port with the Bitnami credentials (obviously wouldn’t work with your already existing mysql installation.)
This issue was resolved in the Beta 4 build. Seems like it may have crept back in. I will bring this to the attention of the engineering team.

Here is a workaround until we get another package from Bitnami:

1. Stop Bitnami Stack

2. Edit .env file (in the htdocs folder) to include the right host and port number. The Database section of the file should look like this:

DB_DRIVER=mysql
    DB_HOST=localhost
    DB_DATABASE=bitnami_dreamfactory
    DB_USERNAME=bn_dreamfactory
    DB_PASSWORD={random string password; should already be here}
    DB_PORT={port you specified during the Bitnami install}

3. Start just the MySQL server

4. Start your shell of choice (I use the Git for windows shell, but the regular command prompt will work) – navigate to htdocs (C:\Bitnami{dreamfactory install folder}\apps\dreamfactory\htdocs)
    [For the PHP commands below, you will need to include the full path to the php binary if you have not added it to your PATH environment. The binary is located in C:\Bitnami{dreamfactory install folder}\php]

5. $ php artisan cache:clear

6. $ php artisan dreamfactory:setup

7. Answer the on screen prompts

8. Start the rest of the Bitnami stack

9. Click “Go To Application”

1 Like

Please beware that all server credentials stored in your .env file are printed in the error page.