Making calls through a facebook portal setup

Did you create a provider on your DSP named “facebook”? It should redirect properly then.

In order for the portal service to function as a login provider, you must allow remote logins. This is a configuration setting that can/should be overridden with a local config file. Local config files are stored in storage/.private/config/local.config.php. Any settings in this file override settings from config/common.config.php.

Add the following to your local config:

return array(
    'dsp.allow_remote_logins'       => true,
    'dsp.allow_admin_remote_logins' => true,
);

This will allow remote logins via the portal service.

@dfjablan
So you cant have more than 1 facebook provider?

Another thing, after the user has been authenticated and added to provider users
how do call DSP services? or how can you get the Session Token for this user?

Thanks

We’re rafactoring auth service in 2.0 to be easy to use. There will be support for DSP user management, OAuth done easy, and LDAP / active directory.

When is the planned release for 2.0?

I can’t get this whole OAuth-thing to work w/ 1.9. The tutorials are more than confusing. To clarify: I’d like to authenticate via FB and connect this to a user in Dreamfactory.

2.0 will be available in Q2. We’re shooting for an early beta release in April and a GA production release in June.

Hi @BeerBeer, Facebook authentication should be working just fine in the current version of DSP. Could you provide some more information on which step(s) in the tutorials you’re stuck on, and how I can reproduce the problem? Also, could you please confirm you’re using the following resources:

https://blog.dreamfactory.com/blog/bid/341114/OAuth-Tutorial-Part-One
https://blog.dreamfactory.com/blog/bid/341114/OAuth-Tutorial-Part-Two

Hi,

my issue here is that although the portal & portal-sandbox-app is working fine (I can click & use “authentificate” to receive the /me-data), I’m totally unsure how to implement this client-side. My client’s based on AngularJS + cordova/phoneGap (i.e. running locally) and currently, I’m simply using HTTP-calls to register and login w/ DSP.

I’m also able to use the FB-API via the phonegap-facebook-plugin and receive a authResponse, complete w/ accessToken and userID. But how do I create a connection to DreamFactory? I’ll need a valid DSP-session.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really don’t get this.

@BeerBeer did you resolve your issue ?

I have run into the same and was wondering if you had to go with 2.0 (Beta) or If got this working with 1.9.