Creating My sql service error

When I try to create schema in My SQL driver service I get following error.

Failed to connect to database. Connection failed to open the DB connection: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ to database ‘db’

@Rohit_Dhore How was your DreamFactory stack installed? Can you check that the credentials you are providing are correct? Can you use PHPmyAdmin to see what the privileges are on the database?

Hey, I got the same error! I was following this tutorial and trying to setup a database schema on a free cloud-hosted instance of Dream Factory.

Does that free instance come with SQL databases that I can use? Or do I need to link my own? I left all the settings (DSN/connection string, name, etc.) as their defaults or what was recommended in the tutorial.

Also, my goal is to create a simple backend API for an iOS app project. I just need to be able to send and receive information about user posts and locations to this database.

DreamFactory does not provide a mysql database for you – you need to connect your own database to dreamfactory.
We do provide a built in sqlite database with every install, called ‘db’

1 Like

i got the same issue but i got my own db (MYSQL) and then also i get access denied issue

can u tell how to solve it??