I tried to install a test/dev version of DSP on a shared server with kind of strict admin rules (packages control management for instance).
Apache was ‘fresh’ and PHP 5.4 too
Name : httpd
Arch : x86_64
Version : 2.2.15
Release : 39.el6.centos
I had to :
- Create & declare a php.ini
# configure the path to php.ini
In which I add a specific timezone :
;Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = "Europe/Paris"
2.I used a VirtuelHost but had to modify the httpd.conf regarding to DSP directory conf :
‘AllowOverride None’ inhibited the rewrite engine so the URL ‘/data/dreamfactory/platform/web/rest’ was not found hence my blank page.
3.Modify the install script :
- Modify PHP path cause it was not in /usr/bin/ (or make an alias)
- Modify apache user cause it was not ‘www-data’ but ‘apache’
- Modify apache’s service name cause it was not ‘apache2’ but ‘httpd’
- Use a specific DB config thanks to ‘config/database.config.php’
- Get ‘composer.phar’ from bitnami package cause it’s not in github anymore
Finally, it worked but, since I’m not a good sys-admin, I’m a little bit concerned about supervision and upgrade in such a restrained/not conventional environment.