Having multiple belongs_to relationships to the same table. Schema not working

Hey, I am trying to create a relationship between 2 tables. Basically I have an events table and on that I want to create 2 reference fields to point to another table of users. One filed is called owner and the other buddy. I can create the owner field okay but not the buddy field. I am doing this update to the table in the Schema section of Dreamfactory and editing the JSON. I get the following error when trying to update.:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (bitnami_df.#sql-4fe_24dc, CONSTRAINT fk_event_buddy_id FOREIGN KEY (buddy_id) REFERENCES profile (id))

I cannot find anything about how to link multiple times to the same table, I also need to be able to know which is the owner and a has many relationship does not suit.

DOing some googleing and the closest I can to an answer is http://www.spacevatican.org/2008/5/6/creating-multiple-associations-with-the-same-table/ but it is not related to JSON schema.