Update existing DreamFactory 1.9.4 to 2.0?

I’m not aware of a release planned for 10 Aug 2015. The public repository for DreamFactory 2.0 is the one that OP linked to. When the public beta is released, it will be at that repository and those who have signed up will be notified. Right now what’s there is more like an alpha release, which of course you are more than welcome to start playing with.

Like @benbusse said, not yet. But OpenShift integration will be evaluated once we’re out of beta.

Since v2.0 is in early alpha right now, and a public beta isn’t even released yet, I can’t see it being a good idea to attempt to go to production on 2.0 at this time. I recommend 1.9.x, which is production-ready, unless you can wait for the alpha, beta, and production release of 2.0 to pass before going live with your app.

As long as you have signed up for the beta here, you will be notified as soon as there is an update. The tentative schedule, as before, is for the beta release to hit this month (August 2015). I don’t know of any beta software that is recommended for production. Beta testing is intended for just that: testing. We don’t plan to release DreamFactory in the “perpetual beta” style.

1 Like