Updating related data

I’m having trouble getting the examples from the wiki working in the API docs - https://wiki.dreamfactory.com/DreamFactory/Features/Database/SQL/Related_Data

Although I can see the schema for the example Contacts db has changed a little, should the examples still work? For example, creating a new contact while also creating a new contact group and relating the new contact to it with the following POST to contact:

{
“resource”:
{
“first_name”: “Joe”,
“last_name”: “Smith”,
“contact_group_by_contact_group_relationship”: [
{
“name”: “ACME2”
}
]
}
}

This actually does create a new Joe Smith contact, but fails to create a new ACME2 group. The message received is “Failed to update many to one map assignment.\nField ‘contact_id’ must be a valid integer.”

I also get the same message when altering the above to try to add the new contact to the existing group with id 1.

“contact_group_by_contact_group_relationship”: [
{
“id”: 1
}
]

Ultimately, I would like to update many to many relationships in my own database & I’m wondering if it’s fully supported - ie: additions, updates, deletes as per the wiki.

Otherwise, enjoying Dream Factory very much, thank you.

1 Like

There are a few issues on posting related records that will be addressed in this sprint (shipping Nov 15). That should solve the problem you’re seeing.

3 Likes

Hi Ben,

Do we have this solved in DFS 2.6?
I am struggling with the same issue.

Thanks
Saurabh

Hi Planet Claire,

Trust you are doing good.
I am kind of stuck with the same implementation.
Curious to know if you were able to do it in the latest version? I am using 2.6 now.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Saurabh

@Saurabh_Bhadkaria we didn’t get to this issue in 2.6 or 2.7. We’ve added it to the next sprint which will ship to production in late July.

Thank you Ben, Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,
Saurabh