Can't connect to oracle even after oci8 has been enabled

Hi everyone,

I have installed Bitnami DreamFactory Windows installer on my PC and I’m trying to connect to an oracle database, however, when trying to create a service I get the error that the oci8 is required and it is not loaded or installed. I even went back to dreamfactory-2.0.2-0, due some issues due to a visual c++ compilation of a library and I enabled php_oci8_11g.dll in the php.ini file. Then when I executed php -m I get an error message as follow:

""The procedure entry point OCIStmtRelease could not be located in the dynamic link library"
with the whole path of E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0\php\php_oci8_11g.dll

The Oracle Instant Client was already setup as I’ve been using it for ODBC access from Excel.

Any help won how to get up and running will be appreciated.

Do you have the 32 bit Instant Client or the 64 bit?

The DreamFactory Bitnami stack is only 32 bit, and requires the 32 bit Oracle Instant Client for the oci drivers to work.

Hi Drew,

Thank you very much for your reply. I do believe installed 64 bit Oracle Instant Client since my PC OS is 64 bit.
I will install the 32 bit version and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Hi Drew,

After deleting the 64bit version and installing the 32 version I still get the same error message I described on my original email when I do php -m.

did you add the instant client path to your PATH variable? Or update the setenv script in the Bitnami installation to point to the instant client?

Hi Drew,

I have and I also found the setenv.bat file so I added there as well and then execute the batch file and rebooted the stack.I guess I might also need to reboot the PC and see if that works. But so far I still get the same error message.

Below is how the PATH variable is setup in teh setenv.bat file. As you can see E:\Oracle\OCI is the folder for the Oracle Instant Client 32 bit version.

set PATH=E:\Oracle\OCI;E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/sqlite;E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/git\cmd;E:/Bitnami/dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/php;E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/mysql\bin;E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/mongodb/bin;E:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.0.2-0/common\bin;%PATH%

Hi Drew,

Since I in an oracle development environment with with other oracle products it seems that there are other oci.dll files in other folders for Weblogic, Oracle Forms, etc. so I just setup the added E:\Oracle\OCI at the beginning of my path and after rebooting my PC I was able to connect to my Oracle Database and create the service.

Maybe this would help others as well.

Thank you.

1 Like