Get email address out of LDAP directory

Hi,

Does anyone know / have an example of a Server Side script that returns details of entries in an LDAP directory?

My use case is as follows: when I add a row to my “Comments” database table I want to send a JMS message to my email notification broker, but the recipient email (which needs to go in the JMS payload) is stored in the “mail” field of an LDAP record.

I already have an LDAP service configured for user authentication but that’s not what I want to do here, and there doesn’t seem to be any documentation about using an LDAP service for anything other than DF authentication.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

1 Like

Hey @Jonlee2001,

Have you checked out some of our resources?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

Hi Alex,

Yes i have looked at those links, however as already mentioned in my original post:

To clarify further: what I want to do is create a DreamFactory service which can provide LDAP data in JSON format like the Database services already do. I know there isn’t an option for this when creating a new service, therefore the only other option seems to be a custom script service - possibly involving importing an external LDAP library.

Jon