Sending Email with No Encryption

I am trying to configure an smtp email service to send emails using my own server, specifically using the server’s port 25. The server is not set up for any authentication (SSL or TSL), and so I am wondering what I should put in the “Encryption” field under the “Config” tab for this service in the admin console?

I have tried “text,” “none,” and “unencrypted” and every time I get an error saying “Connection could not be established with host [host name] [Unable to find the socket transport “[whatever I put in the “Encryption” field]” - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?”

So basically, I’m just wondering what one would put in the “Encryption” field in the configuration of a Dreamfactory email service if their server is not set up for any type of authentication.

I hope this is an option in Dreamfactory email services and that I am not forced to use some sort of encryption. Hopefully someone out there knows.

Thanks!

UPDATE: it appears that my server is using Sendmail to send emails, so if that helps at all or if anyone has experience sending email using Dreamfactory over a server with Sendmail, I would appreciate any input.

1 Like

Currently DreamFactory does not support SMTP without encryption, however, there is a feature request filed for this.

1 Like

Currently DreamFactory does not support SMTP without encryption, however, there is a feature request filed for this.<<<

Has this feature been released yet?

Not sure whether our setup is an exception, but we’re successfully managing to use a SMTP service over Port 25 without encryption simply by leaving the Encryption, Username and Password fields blank.