I have a DF set up to access an external MySQL database. Some of the data I want to access without authorization and others using JWT tokens. as far as I know DF was designed to do this but I ma failing to get data without tokens.
Here is what I have done so far.
- Gone To Services -> Users -> Config and Allowed Open Registrations
- Same place as above set Open reg email service to blank
- In Roles set 2 roles, one Guest the other MobileAppUser.
- Given GET access to the tables in my DB that I do not need authorization to the guest account
- Given GET and POST permissions to the MobileUserApp.
- Gone to Apps, Manage MyApp and set “Assign a Default Role” to Guest. Note the hint specifically states “Unauthenticated or guest users will have this role”.
Now using Google Chrome’s REST console (built in Swagger bypasses authorization) I have set my headers correctly with the API Key and the API name but I get an error of “unauthorized Code 401”. Bear in mind I can access data with a token, so one would think I have missed a step in DF not in the GET using REST console.
Anyone know what I am missing here?