2.0 & OpenShift

The OpenShift cartridge is last updated five months ago:

Any idea when we can get a new 2.0 OpenShift cartridge for installation on that PaaS?

Thanks!

Last update was that we don’t have an OpenShift 2.0 update assigned to an engineer yet. I will check with the guys and see what they say.

Many thanks. OpenShift has been reliable and highly available for me.

Hey Gary, we’re working on an OpenShift cartridge for DreamFactory 2.0. I expect it to be a few weeks away. Stay tuned.

That’s great Ben. Thanks!

Hi Ben,

WIll it be scalable and allow us to use external database (ie. Amazon RDS) for users, roles etc…?

Thanks,
Allen

Yes, here’s a paper on scalability that should be helpful http://www.dreamfactory.com/publications/DreamFactory_Scalability_V4.pdf.

You can use an external database for user and roles.

Connecting to another Database Server after initial setup

To connect to a different Database Server after initial setup…

Edit the .env file at the installation root and change the following configuration.

DB_DRIVER=mysql ## Supported drivers are sqlite (default), mysql, pgsql
DB_HOST=localhost
DB_DATABASE=dreamfactory
DB_USERNAME=username
DB_PASSWORD=secret
DB_PORT=3306
Run following command to clear system cache.

php artisan cache:clear
Run DreamFactory setup wizard.

php artisan dreamfactory:setup
Make sure your web server can read/write from/to storage/ (sub directories) and bootstrap/cache/ directories.

Example:

sudo chown -R {www user}:{your user group} storage/ bootstrap/cache/
sudo chmod -R 2775 storage/ bootstrap/cache/
Configure your web server to serve the public/ directory and launch your instance from a browser.

Note: The default composer.json has the more common package additions listed. To see all available packages, see the composer.json-all-dist. Likewise to see the minimum required packages, see the composer.json-min-dist.

hi,

Any news on release of Dreamfactory 2.0 cartridge for Openshift?

Thanks,
M.M

We’re working on it. The challenge is that Openshift doesn’t support PHP 5.5. We’re looking at this repo to help https://github.com/boekkooi/openshift-cartridge-php. If all goes well, we expect a few weeks to have it ready.

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

hi Ben,

Thanks. Any update on release date for Openshift Dreamfactory Cartridge? Regards - M&M

Hit some snags, but we have a person working on it. Hoping for a DreamFactory 2.0 cartridge in early January.

cool, thanks :relieved:

Hey all, the DreamFactory 2.0 cartridge for OpenShift is ready. Get it here https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/openshift-dreamfactory-cartridge. If you have any questions or problems, post on this thread.

Hi Ben,

I am pretty new on openshift and dreamfactory. I have created my free openshift account (I can manage up 3 small gears with it… which I assume it’s enough for hosting dreamfactory) and I have tried to install the oficial cartridge of dreamfactory. After installing the rhc client tools I typed:

rhc create-app dreamfactory http://cartreflect-claytondev.rhcloud.com/github/dreamfactorysoftware/openshift-dreamfactory-cartridge

In principle everything worked, but when I tried to access the url: http://dreamfactory-uborrow.rhcloud.com/
I get a white page in Firefox and a 500 error in chrome… any ideas about what I did wrong?
Thanks in advance

There was a problem with the installer. It should work now.

Great!! It’s working now! Thanks

Hi,

I am new to Dream Factory and Open shift. Currently I am facing the issue like, not able to see the welcome page after register an admin user.

I have used same cartridge for hosting the dream factory in open shift. I was doing this for past three days.

In PHP error log,

[05-Dec-2016 04:51:37 UTC] PHP Warning: Uncaught exception ‘ErrorException’ with message ‘DreamFactory\Core\Components\RestHandler and DreamFactory\Core\Components\DbRequestCriteria define the same property ($request) in the composition of DreamFactory\Core\Resources\System\BaseSystemResource. This might be incompatible, to improve maintainability consider using accessor methods in traits instead. Class was composed’ in /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/repo/df/vendor/dreamfactory/df-core/src/Resources/System/BaseSystemResource.php:783
Stack trace:
#0 /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/repo/df/vendor/dreamfactory/df-core/src/Resources/System/BaseSystemResource.php(783): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(2048, ‘DreamFactory\Co…’, ‘/var/lib/opensh…’, 783, Array)
#1 /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/repo/df/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(409): include(’/var/lib/opensh…’)
#2 /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/rep in /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/repo/df/vendor/dreamfactory/df-core/src/Resources/System/BaseSystemResource.php on line 783
[05-Dec-2016 04:51:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant ‘DreamFactory\Core\User\Resources\Custom::RESOURCE_NAME’ in /var/lib/openshift/5844ef9489f5cf571d0000ab/app-root/runtime/repo/df/vendor/dreamfactory/df-user/src/Services/User.php on line 127

Kindly help.