I have just completed my first attempt to install DSP on a 1and1 Cloud server without using the Bitnami image following: http://wiki.dreamfactory.com/DreamFactory/Installation (General Instructions). Very painful, but mostly (completely?) not the fault of DreamFactory.
If anyone else has done this, I’d love to hear about your setup!
- Plenty of just plain server setup issues and making my way around the VPS and Plesk controls.
- PHP update from 5.4 to 5.6 was a bear, but I seem to have that working.
- Terrible time trying to figure out if it is possible and how to reference a linked directory where I had seemly successfully installed DSP. Gave up and copied files over.
In the end:
- php artisan serve → /usr/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so undefined symbol: execute
- apache server: “Whoops, looks like something went wrong.”
I really was hoping that this would be easier. Not really expecting any help, but wanted to throw this out and see. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try the Bitnami image and if that works, try to engineer it back to the VPS I would like to eventually target. Thanks for looking!