E-Mail asking for authentification

Hi,

if I try to configure a STMP-server w/ either gmail or AWS SES, I’m always getting “Expected response code 250 but got code 530 with message 530 Authentication required” - my credentials are entered correctly. Is this a known error? I’m running DSP 1.9.

Thanks.

We have several SMTP set-ups running here without this error. Is anything more helpful logged in your DSP’s logs when the connection attempt fails? Can you telnet to your SMTP server on the same port you’re using to connect from the DSP server?

Response Body
{
“error”: [
{
“message”: “Expected response code 250 but got code “530”, with message “530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at\r\n530 5.5.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 v7sm6652pde.81 - gsmtp\r\n””,
“code”: 500
}
]
}
Response Header
{
“Pragma”: “no-cache”,
“Date”: “Tue, 14 Apr 2015 06:26:56 GMT”,
“Server”: “Apache”,
“X-Powered-By”: “PHP/5.4.37”,
“X-Frame-Options”: “SAMEORIGIN”,
“P3p”: “CP=“IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT””,
“Cache-Control”: “no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0”,
“Connection”: “close”,
“Content-Type”: “application/json; charset=utf-8”,
“Content-Length”: “265”,
“Expires”: “Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT”
}

I am using Bitnami DreamFactory on windows 7 32 bit pc.
I am able to telnet connect to smtp.gmail.com on port 587 but on port 465 it I get this

Microsoft Telnet> open smtp.gmail.com 465
Connecting To smtp.gmail.com

and nothing happen afterwards

We committed several fixes to the Email Services functionality on Friday 10 Apr. Please be sure you have the latest code, and you should be able to re-save this service and have it working right away.

Now after updating it works Flawlessly.

1 Like