Can one domain name host DSP and my WebApp? Bad idea?

I think there may be more to make this work, I am missing something, or my question has been misunderstood.

• The .htaccess at the root seems to control the laravel app and thus both the admin and the api features.
  • Without the DSP .htaccess file, there will be nothing directing the /api requests through DSP. Right?
  • A pretty easy rewrite rule for this, but cannot see it working without.
  • Unsure why the DF_LANDING_PAGE change is recommended because in both my use cases DSP does not need to know about my webApp and my webApp does not need to know about DSP. I probably need to do some more reading on this and maybe only needed as described below in my 2nd use case. I want my WebApp at [www.mygreatapp.com] not [www.mygreatapp.com/files/my_web_app/index.html].

In my first use case, I want Plesk to manage my WebApp. It is cool that the web app could be installed within DF2 storage, but that would probably break other things. DSP is only a conduit for updating the app’s data behind the scenes.

For my second use case (cloud data storage for mobile app with simple admin web app), DF2 storage would probably work, but this really changes the system configuration putting DSP at the center of the world. Not necessarily the way I was thinking of configuring things, but probably worth considering. And with proper web server config, I could get it address the way I want.

Eric