Is it safe to upgrade from 1.6.10 to 1.7.6 from the config?

No,I think there should be more guide or helps for upgrade from web page.

Hi - would you like to contact me directly in order to resolve this issue? Tried reaching out via PM but have yet to hear back - please let me know if you need help getting your installation properly working.

Thanks,

• Mark

I would just like to confirm that the procedure outlined by Mark worked when I upgraded 1.6.10 to 1.8.0. My setup is running on Digital Ocean and installed using the Bitnami LAMP stack with DreamFactory installed as a module. I was a bit confused on instruction 4) where I was looking for a folders/files directory. What Mark actually meant was the " folders and files" under htdocs.

1 Like

Oops, I guess I spoke to soon. In 1.6.10 you can connect to a MySQL database by passing the dbname that you want. In 1.8.0 the behavior is different. Now you see all the MySQL resources defined that are accessible by the MySQL userid used an not just the dbname you want. We also noticed that “views” defined are no longer accessible in 1.8.0. Can someone else confirm this behavior?

Those issues are resolved in the latest patch release which will be available on Bitnami Mon or Tue. You can do ‘composer update’ to get the patches from GitHub now.