Remote service using Wordpress JSON REST API

I was wondering if somebody has already been thinking about connecting Wordpress JSON REST API as an external service to DreamFactory ? I know that there is some Basic Auth & JSON API available as a WP plugin, but the official WP REST API is using OAuth for authentication. Seems that would not work with the current remote

Would allow some great mobile usecases …

Vikram Vaswani just wrote up a nice tutorial on using the WP REST API plugin with DreamFactory. It’s on ProgrammableWeb here http://www.programmableweb.com/news/how-to-create-mobile-blogging-app-dreamfactory-wordpress-and-mailgun/how-to/2015/04/03

Also FYI, OAuth 1.0 and 2.0 will be well supported in the version 2.0 release of DreamFactory coming out in June timeframe.

Thanks Ben !

Appreciate the quick response. I am aware of Vikram’s article. Unfortunately that will work only on self-hosted WP sites as it requires a custom REST API plugin.

The nice thing about the WP.com version it works for both WP hosted as well as self-hosted. Good to hear about the V2.0 roadmap. Very much looking forward to this.

Thanks for the excellent work. It is a very nice product ! And Kudos for making it available under both OpenSource & Enterprise !