V8Js.php missing

Hi there,

I have installation DF v1.6.10 on Centos 6.5 from git sources. I use DF for rest api for my mobile application. Almost everything is worknig ok, but when I try post some data to one of my table then I’ve got arror (cut text from ApiException):

<div class="error">
        <p class="lead">Internal Server Error</p>

<h3>Error Details</h3>

<div class="inset">
            <p>include(V8Js.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory</p>
        </div>
    </div>

But when I try put data to another table, everything is ok.

V8Js.php file is on my server in $DF_HOME/vendor/dreamfactory/lib-php-common-platform/src/Scripting/Engines/V8Js.php

Does anyone has any advice?
Thank you,
Rado

Rado,

You’re installing using git, so the v8 isn’t packaged into the install as it is with Bitnami. When you install from Bitnami, the V8 engine is already packaged up so you don’t have to do any extra manual steps to install and configure.

Have a look here:

https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dsp-core/wiki/Building-and-Installing-V8-and-V8JS

Let me know if you have any questions after looking at this.

Thanks,

• Mark

Thank you very much. I found installation documentation here https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/dsp-core/wiki/Installing-V8js and after small adjustment for CentOS 6.5 everything is working now.

I dont’t know if it is only in CentOS distro, but in step:

sudo cp native/out/lib.target/libv8.so /usr/lib/libv8.so

I have to use different path:

sudo cp out/native/lib.target/libv8.so /usr/lib64/libv8.so

Again, thank you very much.
Rado

1 Like

Great - I’m glad you’re good to go. Stay tuned because our new release is being pushed here shortly!

Thanks,

• Mark

In case anyone else come across this I find these steps way easier than the instructions on guthub

sudo apt-get install libv8-dev g++ cpp
sudo pecl install v8js-0.1.3
echo "extension=v8js.so" | sudo tee /etc/php5/mods-available/v8js.ini
sudo php5enmod v8js
sudo service apache2 restart
3 Likes

Cool, solved perfectly.
Thanks.