Consume web service with JAVA tutorial?

Hi all,

With the SDK’s you get a good jumpstart on how to consume the dreamfactory REST web services in applications/websites.

I wonder if anyone knows a tutorial on how to consume the web service from JAVA?

You’ll find lots of JAVA tutorials on consuming REST services. But how does the authentication with dreamfactory work?

Thx for any hints/links.

Reto E.

I just started using their Android SDK(written in JAVA) for consuming web services. You can also use Retrofit library to consume DSP web services and serialize to POJO. they have good documentation.
The authentication part is trouble for me. As per my understanding, we can use their User API to register new users or use OAuth. But my use case is different and so I’m waiting for DSP 2.0 release which promises to provide an easy way for authentication. Register for their beta program. just FYI :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t know that the Android SDK is JAVA based. That’s indeed a good starting point. Retrofit also looks very interesting. Thanks for this tip.

Check out these Java tutorials.

You can also use Retrofit library to consume DSP web services and serialize to POJO. By using this library we can seamlessly capture JSON response from web service/web API. It’s easy and fast library to retrieve and upload the data(JSON or any other structured data) via a REST based web service. We have a lot of network libraries that used to fetch and send the data from/to server. if you got any problem then simply use it to solve your query http://abhiandroid.com/programming/retrofit

You can also use Retrofit library to consume DSP web services and
serialize to POJO. By using this library we can seamlessly capture JSON
response from web service/web API. It’s easy and fast library to
retrieve and upload the data(JSON or any other structured data) via a
REST based web service. We have a lot of network libraries that used to
fetch and send the data from/to server. if you got any problem then
simply use it to solve your query
https://www.welookups.com/android/WebView_Tutorial_Android.html