Error on tc.log file when restarting bitnami service

I’m getting an issue consistently when trying to restart the bitnami dreamfactory service. I run the ctlscript.sh restart, but then the process gets an error when starting mysql. In the logs it says there’s an error with the tc.log file. I rename the /opt/bitnami/mysql/data/tc.log file and then restart and it works correctly. The error happens every time I restart so it wasn’t a one-time thing. Installed on google cloud bitnami install.

Glad to see its not just me. I’m also on the google cloud bitnami version and every single time I need to restart the server, I have to delete the same tc.log file. If I don’t, the whole database stays down. This is with two separate installs, not just one.

@crystaltaggart57 are you still experiencing this?

@sal thanks for letting us know.

We will certainly investigate this, but this also seems like an error on Bitnami’s end.

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

FYI: I’ve posted on the Bitnami - DreamFactory community to see if we can get a response there too:

Hey there, @sal & @crystaltaggart57 I’ve got an update.

The Bitnami folks were unable to reproduce the issue, and will need some additional information in order to solve the problem.

• Did you perform any modifications in the stack?
  • Which steps did you reproduce in order to get the error?
  • Could you post here the tc.log file?

Thanks,
@AlexBowen

@AlexBowen

Hi. I changed a parameter in apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/config/df.php. I changed “always_wrap_resources” to false. That was the only change I made on the default install.

According to Json response / records without "resource" and document id there is a second change to be made in apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/bootstrap/cache/config.php. However I am unable to locate this file to make the second change.

I tried setting “always_wrap_resources” to true again in apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/config/df.php and the server rebooted fine again so that seems like that might be the issue.

1 Like

Thanks @Sal for following up!

^^ That’s good to hear.

Are you using Bootstrap? Because that may have just been specific to his setup.

the file bootstrap/cache/config.php only exists if you have cached your configuration. If it doesn’t exist, you don’t need to edit it.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem, but different boundary conditions like the above mentioned case:

The first restart of the bitnami services via /bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop / start led to the same error as discussed here before. So I simply deleted /bitnami/mysql/data/tc.log and I could restart it again.
The days after, I tested this several times and each time was successful: all services could be started.

But after 1 week working with it, the error restarting the bitnami services occurred again.

In my case, I never changed “always_wrap_resources” to false in apps/dreamfactory/htdocs/config/df.php. It’s set to true from the beginning.
Neither I performed changes in other config files.
Neither I have this problem every time restarting the bitnami services.

Why do I get this error sometimes and sometimes not?
I guess this is an indication, that my bitnami installation is not running reliably?

Thank you in advance for any hint
Best Regards

For the record it is now June 25th 2018 and I just had to delete this file to get my DF to start again after restarting it (Amazon EC2) (Bitnami with absolutely no config edits)